Hello there! I’m Linda!
I’m an illustrator, painter and author working in publishing and fine art. I love getting my desk messy, working in traditional medium, gouache, ink, colored pencils and watercolor and try my best not to mix my paint water and coffee.
I draw, paint and write from my backyard studio in Reykjavík, Iceland. I have illustrated a number of titles with other authors, including Sam McBratney’s Mindi and the Goose No One Else See, Reykjavík barnanna and Here is Iceland by Margrét Tryggvadóttir, Draumaþjófurinn and Barnaræninginn by Gunnar Helgason and Blíðfinnur by Þorvaldur Þorsteinsson.
In 2017, my debut picture book as an author/illustrator, PLAY? was published by Cameron Kids and has since been translated to three languages. At the moment I have few very exciting projects on my desk as an author and illustrator which I can't wait to share with you.
I live with my husband and two kids, whom I love more than anything, even more than coffee, liquorice, craft beer and a well sharpened pencil (and that is something that I love a lot), so you see that I really, really like my people and there is nothing in the world that is more important to me.
I am represented by Abigail Samoun at Red Fox Literary.
Photo by Kristinn Magnússon
See list of all my book projects.
AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
- 2018 IBBY Honour List (International Board of Books for Young Readers) for Here is Iceland/Íslandsbók barnanna.
- 2017 Gold Award for illustration at the Iceland Association of Graphic Designers for Here is Iceland/Íslandsbók barnanna.
- 2017 Best illustrated book at Reykjavík Children’s Literary Awards for Here is Here is Iceland/Íslandsbók barnanna.
- 2017 Women’s Literary Awards/Fjöruverðlaunin for Here is Iceland/Íslandsbók barnanna.
- 2016 Best illustrated book at Reykjavík Children’s Literary Awards for Ugla og Fóa og maðurinn sem fór í hundana.
- 2016 Nomination for Reykjavík Children’s Literary Awards for ,,Eitthvað illt á leiðinni er”
- 2015 Honorary Award from Nordiska Akvarellsällskapet and Winsor & Newton.
- 2014 Ibby in Iceland Spring Breeze Award
- 2013 Nomination for the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Awards
- Academy of Art University, San Francisco, USA. MFA Illustration & Fine Art (2005-2009)
- Iceland Academy of the Arts, Reykjavík, Iceland. Diploma in Art Teaching (2001)
- Iceland Academy of the Arts, Reykjavík, Iceland. BFA Fine Art & Printmaking (1998-2001)
MY CLIENTS INCLUDE:
Walker Books UK, Candlewick Press, Holiday House-Books for Young Readers, Sterling Publishing, Cameron + Kids, Forlagið Publishing, Bókabeitan Publishing, Sögur Publishing, Amnesty International in Iceland, Iceland Post, The Reykjavík Public Library, The City of Reykjavík, Reykjavík UNESCO City of Literature, Government Agency for Child Protection, Barnaheill, Hugsmiðjan, Jónsson & Le’Macks, LadyBug Magazine, Reykjavík Brewing Company, BrewDog Reykjavík, Gaia Reykjavík, Reykjavík School of Visual Arts, Icelandic Academy of the Arts, Icelandic Centre for Research (Rannís).